Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Don't watch "Lucky Number Sleven".

If you want my advice on movies, don't watch "Lucky Number Sleven".

If you were unfortunate enough to be fooled by the numerous positive reviews as I have, you probably have already wasted $12.

As the movie dragged along its first hour, I kept telling myself, "Regret. Regret. Stupid movie. Stupid of me."

As the movie ended, "Bad movie. Boring. Pretentious. Will Silvercity refund the past 2 hours of my life?"

It's OK for you to be a plain, stupid and pointless suspense movie.

But it's unacceptable to when:
  • You think you are very clever, therefore you continuously pump out long garbage lines;
  • You think you are very bright, therefore you show me a pointless story in the fashion of "6th sense" or "Pulp Fiction" while I know are not;
  • You think you are romantic, therefore you create baseless, umemotional romance scenes;
  • You think you are a good movie, when you are everything opposite to one.
Sounds very similar to some people I meet in my life.

---

On the other hand, if you are serious in watching a stylish and suspenseful movie on the topic of revenge, I highly recommend the Korean movie "Old Boy".

No comments: