Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Successful Planned Purchase

What a great day! Seattle Premium Outlet, I like you. High Canadian dollar, I thank you. Boarder officers who reward honesty, I thank you too.

People say shopping gives you shallow enjoyment. I agree. Therefore I don't do ordinary shopping. I make planned purchases.

Ordinary shopping: "Oh we have nothing to do! Let's go shopping! Let's be aroused by the mall and let's buy things we don't really need!"

Planned purchases: "I need work clothes for my new job. I will buy them."

My 1st crack at the office environment. I bought couple hundred loonies worth of business casuals. I hope I will do good business while looking good inside the business attire.

A successful planned purchase is equivalent to meeting the corporate quarterly goal.

---

As I'm typing this journal, I realize that I am very greedy.

Not because I have a big wardrobe, rather because I generate needs that aren't essential to me at all.

My wants have blurred into needs. I need a pair of LeBrons, a pair of Superstars, a pair of Dunk Lows, a pair of AF 1's, sweaters, argyles, checkers, blue jeans, cargos, plaids, khakis, hats, military hats, watches, more watches. I still feel they were, and are, needs.

Suddenly this giant guilty feeling is upon my eyes. I am scared. I don't want to be a shallow shopaholic. But I know I am. I'm a shopaholic who makes planned purchases twice a year.

No comments: