Thursday, January 04, 2007

失掉智慧

Have always bragged about the fact of the existence of my full set of wisdom teeth.

Brag no more.

My dentist determined my lower one was causing an infection, and all four teeth are pushing forward, thus pushing my front teeth outward. Unnoticeable now, but in 20 years I'll be an old 西瓜刨.

So, all four teeth are shattered and taken out today.

1st: Tylenol 3

2nd: 8-10 small, localized anesthetic shots

3rd: A lot of drilling, cutting, pulling, and more drilling

4th: On the way home, entire face from the eyes down was numb. Non-stop 流口水. Of course, there was lots of blood seeping through.

5th: Can't move mouth = can't swallow saliva, can't drink, can't talk, stupid.

Today is only the first day; the worst has yet to come.

I thank God for the smooth procedure, the non-existent swelling, the very minor pain issue, my landlady who prepared tasty 粥 specially for me, Elaine for driving me around, just everything.

---

Looking back, what was there to brag about?

Just stupid.

No comments: