Friday, June 01, 2007

NY Day 6: 20 years

Today I didn't even step one foot out the front door.

I sat and read "When your doctor has bad news". A very informative and nicely written book I borrowed from Lucia.

---

After dinner was over, Son#1 installed this sonic pulse machine he bought for KaiMa. I asked what it was. He explained every person has some sort of electrical field, and when the field is disturbed we get ill. By shooting sonic pulse directly at the area of pain, the electrical field would be restored and the person would get better. (When he said electrical field, I immediately thought of the Right Thumb Rule.)

I checked this machine. It consists of one battery pack, a little black box, and the barrel. The black box produces this tick-tick sound, and the barrel shoots a red light. My little brain told me this is nothing more than a gigantic lazer pointer with a metronome. But seeing their enthused faces, I kept silent.

Then uncle came and tried to manuver the machine. He quitely shot some degrading words at Son#1 in the lines of "dumb and stupid". That's when things got out of hand.

They shouted at each other, raised their voices, cursed at one another and at the end punches were almost thrown if Son#2 didn't step in. Uncle left the house, and basically said he will never be home if Son#1 is around. KaiMa cried. Little baby cried. I was in shock.

After things cooled down, Son#1 fumed that he has hated his father for 20 years. Por Por said she has hated her son in law for 20 years. KaiMa has stuck between all this for 20 years.

For 20 years.

No comments: