Wednesday, May 30, 2007

NY Day 5: You choose your girlfriend

Today I did nothing.

I woke at 10am, had breakfast, sat around, had lunch, sat around some more, took a nap, had dinner, and now writing this blog.

I felt this trip not only gives me an opportunity to be with my KaiMa, it also provides me a week of much needed break. I've been going all out since May2006. Moved from Van-->Cal, started new job, adapted to new life at new city, finished my certificate in 2 semesters, moved...I longed for a week of doing nothing. Now I have it. Planned or not.

This afternoon, while looking out the window, I felt peace. The weather was perfect, the humidity was perfect, the pollen level was perfect. I haven't done any sightseeing this time around in NY, and I don't need to.

---

For dinner, the whole family (minus uncle, who was at work) went to this Chinese restaurant. Since there were 2 white girls, we sort of ordered "gwai lo food". Sweet and sour pork, friend chicken, and the sorts. Still S1W didn't eat any, and she ordered a fried rice all for herself.

However, the only thing that got onto my nerves was Son#2. Again! During the entire dinner, he served, served, his girlfriend while completely neglected por por and KaiMa. If he would kneel on the floor while serving he would've received perfect marks.

I tried to tell him to help por por get food. KaiMa knew of my angry eye, and said, "Suen La, he chose her to be his gf, he didn't choose me to be his mom."

Anyway, Ah Mui's husband is a real funny man. Although his voice is similar to a male-Cecilia Cheung as he drinks and smokes too much.

No comments: