Sunday, May 27, 2007

NY Day 2: Friends

After shopping, we took a short nap at home, and headed to a BBQ at KaiMa's friend's place.

Her friends love her. They care. I felt it with my eyes, my ears, my heart. Today was the 1st time in my life that I've felt this way. And the love was not for me. My eyes had a little moisture.

The hosts are a young (late 30s) couple. Man was from Vietnam, Woman from HK. They treat KaiMa better than I could ever imagine. They treat her 100x better than I can. Man is called "Gong Suk", Woman "Gong So". Of course.

As stories go, they have no kids. All of Gong Suk's 3 brothers cannot have children. KaiMa and por por kept telling me how unfair the world is for the nicest couple to not be able to have kids. (Speculation is during the Vietnam war, Gong's family fell victim to Agent Orange. Ahh Americans.)

I thought of Elizabeth,
I thought of Abraham,
I thought of talking to KaiMa about God.

No comments: